An avid programmer. My interests span from software development to algorithms and mathematics. Challenging real life problems fascinate me. I love working with different levels of abstractions at once.
I was very fortunate to have diverse internship experiences during my university career. It started off as general software engineering - test automation and web development, but I specialized more into infrastructures and big data applications. I spent a year after graduation working on Polychart, a data visualization startup.
At the end of the day, I'm a generalist in heart. I still have much to learn, and I would love to dedicate my passion towards the company and the product that I believe in.
Software Engineer - Square (2013-current)
- Everything infrastructure-y. Writing OLTP systems, evaluating and operationalizing databases, internal dashboards.
- Tools: MySQL, Postgres, Riak, Graphite, AngularJS.
Cofounder - Polychart Inc (2012)
- Technical cofounder in a data visualization startup.
- Built a data visualization tool around grammar of graphics by Wilkinson.
- Managed servers and created deploy processes.
- Tools: Coffeescript, Python, SVG, d3.js, knockout.js.
Software Engineer Intern - Google (2010)
- Built a latency profiling framework for Google App for Business team.
- Created RPC trace analysis and validation tool as part of the above project.
- Maintained continuous integration and build system.
- Tools: Java, Python, Internal Google Tools.
Software Engineer Intern - ContextLogic (2011)
- Early stage startup on targeted ads with focus in NLP.
- Generated training data for document classification algorithm from public corpuses.
- Created internal web tools to manage Hadoop jobs.
- Created a tool to visualize the topic inferencing algorithm.
Software Engineer Intern - Foodoro (2010)
- Created social e-commerce website around aggregating social commerce websites.
Computer Science and Pure Mathematics - University of Waterloo.
Waterloo, ON, Canada (2007 - 2012)
- Co-operative Program.
- Graduated with Distinction - Dean's Honour List.
- Major Average: 91.2, Cumulative Average: 87.7
- Tools: Shell Scripting, LAMP stack, Amazon EC2, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Selenium/webdriver, GWT, Hibernate, Django, D3.js, node.js, knockout.js.
- Databases : MySQL, Postgres, Riak.
Awards / Scholarship
- Velocity Venture Fund - $25,000 CAD grant, given by University of Waterloo, to fund student initiated startups.
- University of Waterloo President's Scholarship
- Nortel Networks Undergraduate Scholarship
- Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship